What If Marvel cast? Who was Steve Rogers in What If? What If…? is an American animated anthology series created by A. C. Bradley for the streaming service Disney+, based on the Marvel Comics series of the same name. It is the fourth television series in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) produced by Marvel Studios, and the studio’s first animated series from Marvel Studios Animation. The series explores alternate timelines in the multiverse that show what would happen if major moments from the MCU films occurred differently. Bradley serves as head writer for the first two seasons, with Bryan Andrews directing.
Jeffrey Wright stars as the Watcher, who narrates the series, alongside many MCU film actors reprising their roles. Marvel Studios was developing the series for Disney+ by the end of 2018, with Bradley and Andrews on board. It was officially announced in April 2019. Marvel Studios’ head of visual development Ryan Meinerding helped define the series’ cel-shaded animation style, which was designed to reflect the films and take inspiration from classic American illustrators. Animation for the first season is provided by Blue Spirit, Squeeze, Flying Bark Productions, and Stellar Creative Lab, with Stephan Franck as head of animation.
What If Marvel cast?
I believe the following cast would be fantastic for a Marvel What If…? series:
- Chris Evans plays Captain America, repeating his MCU role.
- Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, resuming his MCU role
- Chris Hemsworth plays Thor, reprising his MCU role.
- Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk, reprising his MCU role
- Scarlett Johansson reprising her MCU role as Black Widow
- Jeremy Renner reprising his MCU role as Hawkeye
- Tom Holland as Spider-Man, reprising his Marvel Cinematic Universe role
- Benedict Cumberbatch reprising his role from the MCU as Doctor Strange
- Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, repeating his MCU role
- Brie Larson reprising her MCU role as Captain Marvel
- Paul Rudd reprising his MCU role as Ant-Man
- Wanda Maximoff portrays Elizabeth Olsen, reprising her MCU role.
- Paul Bettany (resuming his MCU role) is the vision.
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki, reprising his MCU role
- Samuel L. Jackson reprising his role from the MCU as Nick Fury
- Maria Hill: Cobie Smulders, reprise her Marvel Cinematic Universe role
- Narrator Jeffrey Wright is Uatu the Watcher.
Because each member of this cast is an extremely great actor who has already brought these characters to life on screen, I believe they would make an excellent cast for a Marvel What If…? series. I would be thrilled to see them investigate many multiverse scenarios and opportunities.
I would also love to see some of the following actors cast in Marvel What If…? episodes, in addition to the stars mentioned above:
- Captain PEG Carter, played by Hayley Atwell
- Sebastian Stan: The Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes
- Anthony Mackie as Captain America/Sam Wilson
- Don Cheadle: War Machine/James Rhodes
- Nebula by Karen Gillan
- Saldana Zoe: Gamora
- David Bautista: The Destroyer, Drax
- Mantis, by Pom Klementieff
- Benedict Wong: Not quite
- The Ancient One, Tilda Swinton
- Jordan, Michael B.: Erik Killmonger
- Shuri, Letitia Wright
- Danai Gurira: Alright,
- Yelena Belova as Florence Pugh
- Shang-Chi Kumail Nanjiani: Kingo Simu Liu
- Ajak, Salma Hayek
- Thena, Angelina Jolie
- Gemma Chan: Hold on,
- Ikaris, Richard Madden
- Kit Harington: Black Knight/Danes Whitman
This cast seems like a fantastic fit for Marvel What If? since each of them is a very gifted actor who could give their parts a great deal of nuance and complexity. I would be thrilled to see them investigate many multiverse scenarios and opportunities.
This is, of course, just a cast I believe would be fantastic in a Marvel What If…? series. The choice of who to cast in the series ultimately rests with Marvel Studios.
Who was Steve Rogers in What If?
“What If… Captain Carter Were the First Avenger?” is the title of the first episode of the Disney+ animated series What If…? Steve Rogers is still a weak and thin young man who signs up to take part in the Super Soldier Serum program. But in an odd mishap, Peggy Carter receives the serum injection rather than Rogers.
Howard Stark gives Rogers a prototype Iron Man suit after Carter turns into Captain Carter. After that, he transforms into the armored hero Hydra Stomper, joining forces with Carter and the Allied Forces to battle HYDRA and the Red Skull.
Despite lacking the Super Soldier Serum, Rogers remains a courageous and selfless hero in this parallel universe. In addition, he is an important Allied Forces member and Carter’s devoted buddy.
Rogers is a significant figure in What If…? even if his involvement isn’t as major as it is in the main MCU storyline. He assists in demonstrating that he is still a true hero in the absence of the serum.
Why wasn’t Scarlett Johansson in What If?
The absence of Scarlett Johansson from What If…? can be attributed to two key factors.
- Conflicting schedules. Johansson was recording What If…? at the time since she was preoccupied with filming other projects.
- Disney and the law conflict. Johansson filed a lawsuit against Disney in 2021 regarding the film’s release, alleging that the movie’s simultaneous release onDisney+ violated their contract and cost her millions of dollars. Although the lawsuit was resolved in September 2021, it’s probable that Johansson’s choice to forego a comeback for What If…? was influenced by the legal battle.
Johansson is not the only member of the MCU cast who chose not to return for What If…? Mark Ruffalo (the Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), and Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) are among the other performers who did not make a comeback. It’s possible that Marvel Studios was just unable to get every performer from the MCU on the show’s schedule.
What If…? was a critical and financial hit even without Johansson. The voice acting, animation, and storytelling of the program received high appreciation. Additionally, it was a nominee for the Outstanding Animated Program Primetime Emmy Award.
Johansson might make a comeback to the MCU in the future. President of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige stated in December 2021 that he is “optimistic” Johansson would make a cameo in the MCU. It is unknown, though, when or how she would make a comeback.
Does Tom Hiddleston voice Loki in What If?
Indeed, Tom Hiddleston plays Loki in the film What If…? He plays the same role in the MCU once more, and he does a fantastic job. Each episode he plays a different version of Loki, yet he maintains the same charm and wit for the role.
According to Hiddleston, he had fun portraying the various incarnations of Loki in What If…? The “challenge and a delight” of delving into the character’s multiple facets was described by him.
One of the best parts of What If…?, in my opinion, is Hiddleston’s portrayal of Loki. He is among the MCU’s most gifted actors, and he never fails to give an outstanding performance.
If you like Tom Hiddleston or Loki, you should definitely read What If…? It is an excellent program with plenty to offer.
Above is information about What If Marvel cast? Who was Steve Rogers in What If? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of What If Marvel cast. Thank you for reading our post.