Where is Hollywood Florida? Is Hollywood Florida a good area? Hollywood is a city in southern Broward County, Florida. It is a key suburb of the Miami metropolitan area, which was home to 6.14 million people in 2020. As of the 2020 census, the population was 153,067, making it the third-largest city in Broward County, the fifth-largest city in the Miami metro area, and the 12th-largest city in Florida. The average temperature is between 69 and 83 °F (21 and 28 °C).
Where is Hollywood Florida?
A seaside city in Florida’s Broward County is called Hollywood. The Atlantic Ocean to the east, Dania Beach to the south, and Fort Lauderdale to the north border it; it is situated about 15 miles north of Miami.
A well-liked tourist destination, Hollywood is well-known for its beaches, boardwalk, and casinos. Along with a variety of eateries and businesses, the city is also home to a number of parks and recreational areas.
The population of Hollywood, which is roughly 153,000, is somewhat tiny. With almost 1800 inhabitants per square mile, it is nevertheless a heavily populated city.
A terrific destination to visit, live, and work is Hollywood. Everybody may find something to enjoy in this city.
What major city is Hollywood Florida near?
The following significant cities are close to Hollywood, Florida:
- Florida, 15 miles south of Miami
- Florida’s Fort Lauderdale is 10 kilometers to the north.
- Florida’s West Palm Beach is 60 miles to the north.
- (190 miles to the northwest) Orlando, Florida
- Tampa, Florida (northwest by 200 miles).
By car, bus, or train, all of these cities may be reached from Hollywood with ease. The nearby Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, which has flights to significant cities all over the world, is also close to Hollywood.
Florida’s Hollywood is a fantastic place to visit, live, and work. There is something for everyone in this city, from its stunning beaches and promenade to its casinos and nightlife. Hollywood, Florida is a fantastic option if you’re searching for a place to live that is close to big cities but still has its own special charm.
What state is Hollywood Florida in?
Florida’s state includes Hollywood, Florida. It is situated on the Atlantic coast in southeast Broward County. A well-liked tourist destination, Hollywood is well-known for its beaches, boardwalk, and casinos. Additionally, it is a significant residential and business hub.
In the southeast region of the country sits the state of Florida. The Atlantic Ocean to the east, Georgia to the north, Alabama to the northwest, and the Gulf of Mexico to the west are its borders. Florida has nearly 21 million citizens, making it the 22nd most populated state in the US. Tallahassee serves as the state capital.
Florida is a well-liked travel destination because of its pleasant climate, beaches, and amusement parks. The Miami Dolphins of the NFL, the Miami Heat of the NBA, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL are just a few of the professional sports teams that call this state home.
Florida is a wonderful destination to visit, live, and work. Everybody can find something to like in this state.
Is Hollywood Florida a good area?
If your priorities and financial situation allow it, Hollywood, Florida is a good place to live. It is a coastal city with many attractions, such as:
- Beaches: Hollywood is home to more than 7 miles of sandy beaches that are ideal for surfing, swimming, and sunbathing.
- Boardwalk: The 2.5-mile-long, asphalt Hollywood Beach Broadwalk stretches alongside the water. It is a well-liked location for people-watching, biking, and walking.
- Casinos: The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and the Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino are the two casinos located in Hollywood.
- Evening: There are many different pubs, clubs, and restaurants to select from in Hollywood’s thriving evening scene.
- Schools: Both public and private schools of high caliber may be found in Hollywood.
- Cost of living: Compared to several other major Florida towns, such Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood has a cheaper cost of living.
However, there may be some drawbacks to residing in Hollywood, including:
- In Hollywood, especially during the tourist season, there might be a lot of traffic.
- Crime: Compared to several other Florida cities, Hollywood has a higher crime rate.
- Noise: Especially at night, Hollywood can be a raucous city.
If you’re looking for a seaside city with a lot to offer, Hollywood, Florida is generally a fantastic place to reside. Before selecting a choice, it’s crucial to consider the pros and drawbacks.
Additional factors to take into account when considering whether or not to live in Hollywood, Florida include the following:
- Your budget: Although living costs can vary greatly based on the neighborhood and the kind of housing you’re searching for, Hollywood is a pretty reasonable place to live in.
- Your way of life: If you lead an active lifestyle, Hollywood is a terrific city for you. There are several options for outdoor activities including swimming, tanning, surfing, fishing, and others. For those who want a more urban lifestyle, Hollywood can also be a suitable choice.
- Your family: Families should consider living in Hollywood. The schools are generally of high quality, and there are many family-friendly activities and attractions.
I advise conducting some study to find out more about Hollywood, Florida, and its various communities if you are thinking about relocating there. To obtain a sense of the city, you should also go there in person.
Why is it called Hollywood Florida?
The American film industry’s hub, Hollywood, California, inspired the naming of Hollywood, Florida. Californian developer Joseph Wesley Young established the city in 1925. Young was inspired by Hollywood, California’s success and desired to establish a comparable city in Florida.
To differentiate it from his other real estate project, “Hollywood in the Hills” in New York, Young gave his new city the name “Hollywood by the Sea.” However, Hollywood was subsequently used in place of the original name.
Hollywood, Florida soon gained recognition as a top tourist destination because of its stunning beaches and pleasant climate. Additionally, many Americans from throughout the country choose to retire in the city.
Hollywood, Florida now has a population of over 153,000 and is a booming city. The beaches, boardwalk, casinos, and nightlife of the city are well-known. A significant residential and commercial hub is Hollywood.
Hollywood, Florida is a terrific area to live, work, and travel even though it is not as well-known as Hollywood, California. Everybody may find something to enjoy in this city.