Where is Hollywood FL? What state is Hollywood FL in? In 1920, Joseph Young arrived in South Florida to create his own “Dream City in Florida”. His vision included the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean stretching westward with man-made lakes, infrastructure, roads, and the Intracoastal Waterway. He wanted to include large parks, schools, churches, and golf courses; these were all industries and activities that were very important to Young’s life.
After Young spent millions of dollars on the construction of the city, he was elected as the first mayor in 1925. This new town quickly became home to northerners known as “snowbirds”, who fled the north during the winter and then escaped the south during the summer to avoid the harsh weather. By 1960, Hollywood had more than 2,400 hotel units and 12,170 single-family homes. Young bought up thousands of acres of land around 1920, and named his new town “Hollywood by the Sea” to distinguish it from his other real-estate venture, “Hollywood in the Hills”, in New York.
Where is Hollywood FL?
On Florida’s Broward County’s Atlantic coast is the city of Hollywood. It is situated around 25 miles south of Fort Lauderdale and 15 miles north of Miami. Hollywood is renowned for its stunning beaches, energetic downtown, and multicultural population.
Since its founding in 1925, Hollywood has expanded significantly. Today, there are around 153,000 people living in Hollywood. The city is a well-liked vacation spot, but it’s also a wonderful place to live, work, and bring up a family.
There are many attractions in Hollywood, including:
- Hollywood Beach: Swimming, tanning, and surfing are all popular activities on this seven-mile stretch of white sand beach.
- Hollywood Broadwalk: Running along Hollywood Beach for 2.5 miles, the Hollywood Broadwalk is a boardwalk. Restaurants, stores, and entertainment establishments fill the street.
- In the center of Hollywood’s business district lies a 10-acre park called ArtsPark at Young Circle. It has a performance stage, a splash pad, and other public art works.
- The 1,500-acre Anne Kolb natural Center is a natural reserve that can be found in Hollywood. In addition to hiking and biking routes, it provides a variety of educational events and activities.
Numerous firms and sectors are also based in Hollywood, including:
- One of the biggest industries in Hollywood is tourism. Numerous hotels, resorts, and other tourism-related companies are located in the city.
- Healthcare: Hollywood also has a sizable healthcare sector. A number of healthcare facilities, including hospitals and clinics, are located in the city.
- Technological: Hollywood’s technological sector is expanding quickly. Numerous tech businesses, both huge enterprises and start-ups, are based in the city.
Everyone can find something to do in the dynamic and diversified city of Hollywood. Hollywood is a fantastic choice if you’re searching for a place to live, work, or visit.
What state is Hollywood FL in?
Florida’s state includes Hollywood, Florida. It may be found in Broward County, Florida, on the Atlantic coast, about 25 miles south of Fort Lauderdale and 15 miles north of Miami.
Hollywood is a well-liked vacation spot that is renowned for its stunning beaches, energetic center, and multicultural population. It’s a terrific area to work, live, and raise a family as well.
What major city is Hollywood Florida near?
Miami, which is located around 15 miles south of Hollywood, is the largest city close by. Miami is the seventh-most populous city in the United States and the most populous city in Florida. It serves as a significant hub for global commerce, finance, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, and fashion. Miami, renowned for its beaches, nightlife, and shopping, is another well-liked vacation spot.
The following significant cities are nearby Hollywood, Florida:
- South of Fort Lauderdale, 25 kilometers
- North of West Palm Beach, 45 miles
- (190 miles north) Orlando
- Tampa (northwest by 200 miles)
Where is Hollywood Florida or California?
In the US, there are two cities with the name Hollywood: one in Florida and one in California.
The Hollywood in California, which is noted for its connections to the American film industry, is situated in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Florida’s Hollywood, which is known for its beaches and nightlife, is situated on the state’s Atlantic coast and is a major tourist attraction.
So, depending on which Hollywood you are referring to, California or Florida can be the answer to your inquiry.
Is Hollywood FL a good area to live?
The suitability of Hollywood, Florida as a place to reside will rely on your specific requirements and preferences. But there are a few things that make it appealing as a location to live.
Benefits of residing in Hollywood, Florida
- The seven miles of white-sand beaches in Hollywood are well-known for being beautiful and ideal for surfing, swimming, and sunbathing.
- Downtown Hollywood is a thriving district with a wide selection of eateries, stores, and entertainment options. A vibrant arts culture with frequent concerts and exhibitions is also present.
- Diverse population: Home to people from all over the world, Hollywood is a melting pot of cultures. The culinary, music, and art scenes of the city all reflect this diversity.
- Good schools: There are several well regarded public schools in Hollywood, as well as a handful of private institutions.
- Affordable cost of living: When compared to other major Florida cities, Hollywood has a lower cost of living.
Drawbacks to residing in Hollywood, Florida
- In Hollywood, especially during the tourist season, there might be a lot of traffic.
- Crime: Compared to several other Florida cities, Hollywood has a higher crime rate. The crime rate has, however, been dropping recently.
- Hurricanes: Hollywood is in a hurricane zone, so locals should be ready for storms at any time of year.
In general, Hollywood, Florida is a great area to live for anyone seeking a lively, diversified city with lovely beaches and a reasonably low cost of living. Before deciding to relocate to Hollywood, it’s crucial to be informed of the likelihood of traffic congestion, crime, and disasters.
Consider the following extra factors when selecting whether or not to live in Hollywood, Florida:
- Your way of life: If you lead an active lifestyle, Hollywood is a fantastic fit for you. Numerous outdoor activities are available, including swimming, tanning, surfing, biking, and hiking. Additionally, Hollywood boasts a thriving nightlife.
- Your spending plan: Although the cost of housing, transportation, and other costs must also be taken into account, the cost of living in Hollywood is comparatively low.
- Hollywood is a great area to raise a family, according to your family. Numerous well-regarded schools may be found here, along with a wide range of family-friendly activities and attractions.
If you are thinking of relocating to Hollywood, Florida, I advise you to do some research to find out more about the area and see whether it is a suitable fit for you. To gain the viewpoints of the locals, you can visit the city’s website or speak with them.
Above is information about Where is Hollywood FL? What state is Hollywood FL in? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Hollywood FL. Thank you for reading our post.