What are Disney Magic Bands? MagicBands are colorful bands that enable magic on your trip and eliminate the need to carry cards and paper. Guests wear them on the wrist. MagicBands look like to a bracelet or a sports tracker. Everyone traveling gets a band. Even the kids will need to use them for certain things during your park touring.
MagicBands are your link between you and your MyDisneyExperience account. However the only information stored on the bands is that connecting the band with the account. Guests cannot “load” tickets, money or credit cards to the bands. Rather, they connect to your MyDisneyExperience account information.
What are Disney Magic Bands?
Sure. Disney MagicBands are wearable gadgets that let you quickly access your Disney World trip itinerary. They may be utilized for
- Go to the parks.
- Open the door to your hotel room at Disney Resort.
- Purchases can be charged to your room.
- Connect your Disney PhotoPass images.
- Access reservations for Lightning Lane (FastPass)
- Play games and take part in activities
Purchases of MagicBands can be made at the parks or online at the Disney website. You can choose one that best suits your personality because they are available in a wide range of colors and patterns.
Each member of your party will get a MagicBand if you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel. You can purchase MagicBands at the theme parks or on the Disney website if you are not staying at a Disney Resort hotel.
MagicBands make it easy to plan your trip to Disney World. They make your experience more magical while also saving you time and hassle.
Additional information on MagicBands is provided below:
- They are water resistant and composed of sturdy plastic.
- They contain an RFID chip that enables sensors in the parks to read them.
- You can use them to access your travel arrangements since they can be connected to your Disney account.
- You don’t need to worry about them losing power because they are rechargeable.
I advise buying MagicBands if you are considering visiting Disney World. They are a fantastic method to improve the comfort and fun of your trip.
Disney World Magic Band Designs
There are always new Magic Band+ designs being released. Choosing and customizing Magic Bands is one thing many families enjoy doing as they count down to their vacation.
Magic Bands and Magic Bands+ come in classic colors, trendy hues, and tons of Disney character options! These wrist bands are available in one size and can be adjusted to fit so everyone can enjoy the magic.
Some of our favorite Magic Designs include the following:
- Cinderella Castle MagicBand+ – made just for Walt Disney World guests
- Disney Munchlings MagicBand+ – Baked Treats – Limited Edition
- Stitch MagicBand+
- MagicBand+ – Mickey & Co.
But there are SO many to choose from both online, at your Resort hotel and inside the parks. From every fandom like Star Wars MagicBands, Marvel MagicBands, classic Disney characters, princesses and more.
Once your Get Away Today reservation is linked to your My Disney Experience account, your Magic Band discount is valid up to 6 days prior to your Resort hotel reservation. From there you can select and customize your Magic Bands and complete your order.
Using MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World
The “tap and go” magic of Magic Bands lets you explore and enjoy with ease. Parents will love the convenience of ditching bags, purses, wallets, paper tickets in favor of the small wristband device.
During your vacation a Magic Band gives you and your party access to:
- Your room at a Disney Resort Hotel
- Enter theme parks and waterparks with valid admission and reservations
- Check-in at Lightning Lane entrances
- Charge food and merchandise purchases
- Link Disney PhotoPass to photos to your Disney account
But remember, only the MagicBand+ has enchanted extras and interactions throughout the Walt Disney World Resort
Guests staying off property can purchase Magic Bands at the Walt Disney World Resort upon arrival or at shopDisney. These bands have many of the same perks where you can link your park ticket and account to the band to use it for admission, Genie+ reservations and more.
Magic Bands FAQs
Do you have more questions about Disney Magic Bands? We have gathered the most frequently asked questions and answers below to help you have an even better vacation.
Are Magic Bands free?
Magic Bands are no longer free. However, guests who book a Walt Disney World vacation package can take advantage of a discount on their Magic Band and Magic Band+ purchases. Start your Walt Disney World Vacation planning here.
How much do Magic Bands cost?
Magic Bands of all types range from $20-$50 or more, per Magic Band. However, it’s important to note that Magic Band+ is more expensive than a regular Magic Band. Be sure to order your Magic Band early to take advantage of your early booking discount.
What’s the difference between Magic Band+ and other Magic Bands?
While you can still use older versions of the Magic Band, Magic Band+ has the most up to date technology for your Disney vacation including:
- New, enchanting interactions at the parks and select entertainment
- Rechargeable battery
- Color-changing lights
- Haptic vibrations
- Gesture recognition
Can I use my Magic Band or Magic Band+ again?
Yes, you can use your Magic Band or Magic Band+ over and over, making it part of every Disney vacation experience.
How do I charge for food and merchandise on my Magic Band or Magic Band+?
Prior to any purchases you’ll set up a private 4-digit code, keeping charges safe should you misplace your Magic Band. This is also an excellent way to allow (or not) tap and pay for your children’s purchases.
Tap and pay allows food and merchandise to be charged back to your Walt Disney World hotel room. At midnight before the end of your vacation all room charges will be billed to your credit card on file. Or you can finalize your bill with the front desk to use various forms of payment before that deadline.
How do I link photos to my Magic Band or Magic Band+?
When you wear your Magic Band+ on Disney attractions that feature ride photos, the photos will automatically link to your My Disney Experience account.
These Walt Disney World attractions feature ride photos:
- Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (Magic Kingdom)
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
- Haunted Mansion (Magic Kingdom)
- Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)Pirates Of The Caribbean (Magic Kingdom)
- DINOSAUR (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
- Test Track (EPCOT)
- Frozen Ever After (EPCOT)
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Slinky Dog Dash (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Rock’n Roller Coaster (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
You can also link photos from any Disney PhotoPass photographer with a simple tap!
Above is information about What are Disney Magic Bands? Disney World Magic Band? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Disney Magic Bands. Thank you for reading our post.