How far is Fort Lauderdale from Disney? Have you and your family been talking about taking a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth? A Disney vacation can be a magical time, especially for young children. The rides, the characters, and the Florida sun make this theme park a playground for kids of all ages. The best part is that Disney World is easy to get to if you’re in the Fort Lauderdale area.
Located in central Florida, Disney is approximately 200 miles from the sunny south Florida town of Fort Lauderdale.
If you’re planning a trip to Disney World, you might be trying to find the best ways to travel on a budget. Or, if you’re visiting or live in the Fort Lauderdale area, you might be wondering if you can squeeze in a day trip to Disney World.
Fortunately, Fort Lauderdale offers several ways to travel to Disney World, so finding something that fits your budget and suits your family’s needs and preferences won’t be difficult.
How far is Fort Lauderdale from Disney?
Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida is about 217 miles away from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Driving time would be roughly three hours and thirty minutes.
To get to Disney World from Fort Lauderdale, there are several options, including:
- Driving: From Fort Lauderdale, this is the most popular method of transportation to Disney World. Orlando can be reached by using the Florida Turnpike (I-95) south. When you arrive in Orlando, just follow the directions to Disney World.
- Flying: Several airlines provide flights between Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). It takes roughly an hour to fly.
- Bus: Several bus companies provide service between Fort Lauderdale and Orlando. It takes a bus roughly four hours.
- Train: From Fort Lauderdale to Orlando, Amtrak provides train service. It takes roughly 4.5 hours to travel by rail.
You can travel to Disney World via bus, taxi, or ride-sharing service once you get to Orlando.
How long does it take to get to Fort Lauderdale to Orlando?
The form of transportation you select will determine how long it takes to get from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando.
- Driving: It takes roughly 3 hours and 30 minutes to travel the 217 miles between Fort Lauderdale and Orlando by car.
- Flying: The trip takes around an hour to complete from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood
- International Airport (FLL). You will need to allow time for security and check-in, though.
- Bus: It takes around 4 hours to travel by bus from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando.
- Train: It takes roughly 4.5 hours to travel by train from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando.
Once in Orlando, you will need to allow time to get to your accommodation or Disney World, among other final destinations.
How close are Miami and Fort Lauderdale?
Major South Florida cities Miami and Fort Lauderdale are separated by around 24 miles. Depending on traffic, it takes roughly 30 minutes to drive between the two cities.
Florida’s largest city, Miami, is renowned for its beaches, nightlife, and multicultural population. A smaller city, Fort Lauderdale is renowned for its beaches, canals, and yachting sector.
Miami and Fort Lauderdale are both well-known vacation spots that provide a range of attractions and activities for guests of all ages. South Beach, the Art Deco Historic District, and the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are a few of Miami’s top tourist destinations. Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, Las Olas Boulevard, and Fort Lauderdale Beach are a few of the city’s most visited attractions.
I advise you to think about going to both Miami and Fort Lauderdale if you’re planning a trip to South Florida. You may visit both cities easily throughout your trip because they are close enough to one another.
The following advice can help you travel from Miami to Fort Lauderdale:
- Driving: Miami to Fort Lauderdale is a quick and simple drive. I-95 north can be used to reach Fort Lauderdale.
- Take the train: Between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Brightline provides rail service. It takes the train roughly 30 minutes.
- Consider taking a bus: Several bus companies provide service between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. It takes the bus roughly 45 minutes to travel.
Is it cheaper to fly to Fort Lauderdale or Orlando?
In general, flying to Fort Lauderdale is less expensive than flying to Orlando.
This is due to a few factors:
- Because Fort Lauderdale’s airport is smaller than Orlando’s, there is less airline rivalry, which can lower costs.
- Due to reduced demand for flights because Fort Lauderdale is a less well-known tourist destination than Orlando, rates may also decrease.
- Because Fort Lauderdale is near the ocean, there are more options for airlines to provide inexpensive flights.
Of course, there are a number of variables that can affect the cost of a flight, including the season of the year you travel, the day of the week you fly, and how far in advance you purchase your tickets. However, generally speaking, flying to Fort Lauderdale will cost less than flying to Orlando.
Here are some pointers for discovering inexpensive Fort Lauderdale flights:
- Be flexible with the dates you travel. To get the best deals, fly out of season or during the week, if you can.
- Reserve your seats in advance. The earlier you reserve, the better your chances are of finding a good price.
- Obtain quotes from various airlines. You can compare prices from several airlines on a number of websites, including Google Flights and Kayak.
- Think about landing at a neighboring airport. Numerous other airports, including Miami International Airport and Palm Beach
- International Airport, are located close to Fort Lauderdale. You might be able to find a less expensive flight if you are flexible with your arrival airport.
Is Fort Lauderdale cheaper than Orlando?
Fort Lauderdale is often a little less expensive than Orlando.
According to Sperling’s Best Places’ cost of living comparison between Fort Lauderdale and Orlando for 2023, Fort Lauderdale has a 4.7% lower overall cost of living than Orlando. This is partly because Fort Lauderdale has more affordable housing.
It’s vital to remember that your lifestyle and spending habits can affect your cost of living. For instance, your cost of living will be higher if you dine out regularly or reside in a posh area.
Above is information about How far is Fort Lauderdale from Disney? What is this about? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Fort Lauderdale from Disney. Thank you for reading our post.